SPEAKING: SHOPPING

1 ACTIVITY .Watch the video for answers to the questions about clothes. You can pause the video as often as you wish:
Webquest: https://elt.oup.com/elt/students/oupesecondary/webquests/olz-webquests-level-3-2.pdf?cc=global&selLanguage=en




















DIALOGUE 1.
 

MARY:Oh, look at those earrings, Jane. They're perfect for you.
JANE:These red ones? I'm not sure.
MARY:No, the yellow ones.

JANE:Oh, these? Hmm... Yellow isn't a good color
for me.
MARY:Well, that necklace isn't bad.

JANE:Which one?
MARY:That blue one right there. How much is it?

JANE:It's $ 42 !! That's expensive !!
MARY:Hey, let me get it for you. It's your birthday present.

DIALOGUE 2
Assistant: Good evening, Can I help you?
Customer: Yes, please. I'm looking for jeans.
Assistant: Here you are.
Customer: Oh, I like it.Can I try it on?
Assistant: Sure, follow me.
Customer: Thank you very much.
Assistant: You're welcome.

Customer2: Good evening, I'm  looking for a T-shirt.
Assistant: What colour?
Customer2: Blue, please.
Assistant: Certainly. And what size?
Customer2: Small, please.
Assistant: I'm sorry, but these T-shirts don't come in small. I can offer you in medium.
Customer2: OK. Can I try it on?
Assistant: Sure! Follow me.

Customer: What do you think?
Assistant: I think they suit you. 
Customer: Me too. 
Assitant : Perfect, I will prepare your bill.
Customer: All right. Thanks.
Assistant: You're welcome. 

Assistant:  May I help you?
Customer2: I'm sorry, but it's too big
Assistant:  I'm sorry. You can come back next week, we may have them by then.
Customer2: All right. Thank you anyway.
Assistant:  You're welcome.
Customer2: Bye-bye.

Customer: How much it is? 
Assistant: 30 Euros, please.
Customer: Here you have.
Assistant: Thank you.
Customer: You're welcome, goodbye.
Assistant: I see you.



DIALOGUE 3
Assistant:  May I help you?
Customer:Do you have these shoes in size eight?
Assistant:  Let me check. I'll be right back.
Customer:Thanks.
Assistant: I'm sorry, sir, we only have in eight and a half. Would you like to try them on?
Customer: They are too big
Assistant:  We only have your size in black.
Customer:Yes, but in fact I was looking for the brown ones
Assistant:  I'm sorry. You can come back next week, we may have them by then.
Customer: All right. Thank you anyway.
Assistant:  You're welcome.



assistant vendedor/a
customer cliente
Can I help you? ¿Le puedo ayudar?
I'm looking for Estoy buscando
jeans vaqueros
Here you are Aquí tiene
also también
T-shirt camiseta
What colour? ¿En qué color?
What size? ¿En qué talle?
small talla pequeño
I'm sorry Lo siento
don't come no vienen
I can offer you Le puedo ofrecer
in medium en talla mediana
Can I try it on? ¿Me la puedo probar?
Sure! ¡Claro!, ¡Por supuesto!
Follow me Sígame